Wednesday, March 6, 2013

When in Ohio

Cincinnati

     My husband is a Reds fan and insisted we go to Cincinnati for a game or two. I agreed only when he agreed to do other things there as well, since I didn't consider the trip worth it just for the baseball. Besides baseball, there are plenty of things to do in Cincinnati, and here are the things I suggest for the compromise.
There are a few of these around the aquarium.
     First, the Newport Aquarium. The hotels right across the river from Cincinnati are cheaper than the ones in the more well-known city, and therefore we stayed right across the bridge from the stadium. The aquarium is also right across the bridge from the baseball stadium, no more than a ten minute walk, in my approximation. It's a little on the pricey side, but if you haven't been there before, and enjoy wildlife, it's worth the trip. You can spend a whole half-day there, so plan accordingly. Their website is available here. Also in the vicinity of the aquarium, between it and Barnes and Noble is a rock-and-roll type cafe, which I highly recommend for good food and good service, but cannot remember the name of.
      We also were going to go to the Cincinnati Zoo, but my hubby cam down sick and we had to return home earlier than expected. But do know that there are discounted tickets available - we got ours for a few dollars cheaper from the Kroger there, and we were able to resell them to a couple friends when we weren't able to go. I've only heard good things about it, so whenever we return for another visit there we are sure going to stop by the Zoo. Visit their site here
     Now about the Reds games. We went to two. There was no need to buy tickets ahead of time, since cheap ones were readily available at a kiosk at the stadium both times we went. We went in late July. The games were fun, but a little long for my taste, since I'm not a die-hard fan like some are. I've just never been much into sports. Definitely take sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses if you plan on attending a game, if the sun will be shining at all. And wear comfortable clothes, for regular ones can get quite stuffy and maybe even a little suffocating. 
     For more to do in Cincinnati, visit their tourism website here

     Thank you for reading! Please leave comments to let me know you've read, and let me know if you'd suggest these or other places for visiting if you've been to Cincinnati yourself. Thank you in advance for your comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment